Wednesday 4 August 2010

N97Mini so far


Well it's been a few days now and my initial impressions of the device outweigh the little issues i have while using it.

The main issue i see is a small one, impacted on by a few factors. Cell Tower Strength being the main one and "forgetful" GPS. I can forgive this, as it does seem to realise it's errors and resume as normal, but did seem to cause loss of miles at times. even if it caused confusion with my preivous workout. which i blame on it looking for the easiest path to re-loacate from A to B (even if through a farm and houses)

Apart from that i love the phone. It's responsive to my command, and the touch screen kicks the behind of the 5230XM, again fat fingers may be to blame there though, but really like it lots. the only thing i would change bar the GPS is to create a non touch version, akin to the E75 then it would be amazing to have the choice of a touch version of non touch version.

It will be a sad day to send it back. but all will be good. the 5230 and dying E71 will keep going.

In using the Device I've decided not to use paid for apps, To be ohnest I can do everything i need for free, and will do so through apps on the Ovi Store.

Since picking it up the free apps i'm using are:

Endomondo, As its my Tracker of choice. supported over many mobile OS's which makes it awesome.

Sports Tracker, I'm new to this, and liking what i've seen already.

Snaptu, Excellent J2me (Java) based application which brings many apps in a tiny applet.

Emoze Email services for a multitude of services. (i would of used Email on 3 but it kept throwing the dreaded "not compatible message" from 3uk)

i hope to put the pics I'll take up in a video soon. I've not used the cam much bar for video and training so we'll see how the Carl Ziess optics hold up in Sunny Dunstable tomorrow. :D

More tomorrow

No training tonight Repair on the bike caused too many issues i am looking into now. hope this don't force ordering of parts sooner than later.


No comments:

Post a Comment