Friday 6 August 2010

Update on N97Mini and training.

YAYS. No GPS issues at all today, i also got a response from 3 confirming there was cell issues in the local area. and GPS seemed to stay 100% strong on my small training session yesterday.

I can only conclude that the N97 mini WomWorld Nokia gave me is amazing. and i dread the day the DHL man comes. Seriously i'll be as sad as the day my Nokia 5146 was stolen.

I felt guilty when i first put my sim card into it, it felt so so wrong to use it. it was like i was cheating on my E71 with a younger model. (strictly true really) but after 24 hours i was straight in there, the keyboard feels great under your fingers, and although not always the most felt keypresses, they were still responsive.

All in all jess has said she likes it so much she wants one on her next upgrade which is early next year, Which i'm happy about as it means she may forget about her want of "El DeathGrip iDevice" which makes me really happy.

Now then Back to training.

It was a light ride yesterday. not the longest, but i pushed harder at certain parts like the hills,
resulting in a good uphill and fast downhill. (with idiotic driver)
Mr BMW decided to stay behind me, Due to the pace i was moving.



Everything went good. bar one small issue. Misreporting of speed. one day 60mph the next 35mph. (the speedo showed 42.1mph and Sports tracker showed 39.8mph

The best bit of the ride was Bison hill. The video says it all. sadly not filmed with the n97 as i could not get it to mount safely. if it was my device it would have been tape and glued into place.
Oh well the Nikon Coolpix does the job well.


This does bring me to a rant though at 0:48 Seconds there used to be huge chevron signs on the bend. Now i struggled to keep the bike going round the corner at speed, how many car drivers think it's deceptive and have been involved in accidents there I wonder?

I think Central Bedfordshire Council could hit me up and explain why that's not deemed a risk but putting "bloody HUGE" speed humps on a road, because a village councillors concerns for his granddaughter plays by the road outside his house (*read disclaimer at bottom) (then again the same parish councillors who let a great pub die too)
I doubt they'll do anything sadly. ho hum

In all great week training wise. lots of positives and a few negatives but all great.

on that note i have to get ready for something. Good night. Sleep well.


*This is the views of vilagers in Kensworth. (at present not my views. IF i discover the case is as depicted I will be feeling angry as these humps are utter rubbish, i've already damaged my bearings once there. don't want that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment